This new UK Medical Lead role will be responsible for supporting:
• Business development with our NHS Partnerships team, providing clear medical insight and leadership in conversations with commissioners and clinicians across the UK
• Product development with our Clinical Programmes team, helping develop and design our obesity and type 2 diabetes services including prescribing of appropriate medicines and remote monitoring
• Research strategy and NICE engagement and approvals with our Global Clinical Research team, defining the research questions we need to answer and working with NICE to be included into guidelines and recommendations
• Clinical supervision of our Diabetes Specialist Nurse (DSN) and Medical teams, as well as 100% remote direct patient clinical care within our Clinical Delivery Team, supporting delivery and prescribing in our NHS tier 3 weight management and type 2 diabetes services
A typical day will range from internal strategy meetings on our product development, reviewing the progress of our research with our UK Clinical Trials Coordinator, supporting our partnerships teams in NHS sales conversations, and a clinic doing medication reviews for our NHS services.
You will report to our UK Managing Director (who is also a medical doctor) and work closely with our Partnerships, Marketing, Clinical Programmes & Product, Clinical Delivery and Global Research teams. The role can expand into a Director role with success.
Ideally, candidates will have experience within digital health, though this is not essential.
Candidates can be either a qualified GP OR a specialist in endocrinology and diabetes mellitus
• To develop a strong understanding of the diabetes and obesity market within the UK, competitors and how health policy affects the business strategy
• Supporting our Partnerships and Clinical Expert team win NHS contracts, including supporting the writing of business cases and tender bids
• Providing expert medical input into the design of our medical pathways in our NHS tier 3 weight management and type 2 diabetes services
• Assisting our research strategy with both internal teams and our academic partners, ensuring the research we generate meets NICE requirements to be included in guidelines
• Clinical supervision and supporting the recruitment and development of our DSN and medical teams
• Delivery of 100% remote medical clinics including reviews of patients with obesity and type 2 diabetes to ensure appropriate prescribing. These will be via email or phone (no face-to-face care).
• Supporting our CQC appraisal processes as required. Note, Clinical Governance is overseen by our separate Quality Lead role not by this Medical Lead Key Competencies
● Collaborative – can do attitude, work effectively in teams
● Empathetic – peer to peer support, resilient
● Innovative – self starter, solution – action orientated, creative
● Knowledgeable – proactively upskilling, adaptable
● Commitment to the business Mission & Strategy
We believe good health starts with nutrition and lifestyle, not medication. Our mission is to help 50 million people lead healthier and happier lives by 2025 by providing the best digitally-enabled behaviour change support.
The company was founded in 2014 and is Europe’s largest provider of digitally-enabled behaviour change support to people with health conditions related to diet such as type 2 diabetes, prediabetes and complex obesity. We offer our patients the most accessible, personalised and high quality care possible, and we embrace technology to overcome the demand challenges facing the NHS and health systems worldwide.
We do this by:
● Creating unique digitally-enabled treatment programmes for patients, delivered by our clinical team of dietitians, health coaches, psychologists, activity experts, specialist nurses and doctors
● Offering patients access to expert advice in a time and place of their choosing, via our NHS Digital approved smartphone app, online Learn portal (with tailored video, audio and text content) or over the phone.
Our services are delivered in partnerships with the NHS in the UK, and health insurers and medical clinics across Switzerland, Germany, and France. We are backed by global leading venture funds and have just closed additional funding which will be announced shortly. We can only deliver all of this with the help of our incredible team. Having a culture that people want to work in is very important to us and we're proud to say 95% of our team would recommend working for the company. We do this by keeping our values are at the forefront of everything we do, from patient care to internal culture:
● We put the patient first
● We measure & improve
● We tackle it together
Central London with remote working during COVID and potentially beyond
The Ideal Candidate
• Qualified Medical Doctor, on the GMC GP Register OR specialist endocrinology and diabetes mellitus register. You will have the option to continue to practice clinically part time within this role, we will agree this as part of your contract.
• Experience in clinical supervision and delivering clinical services to people with obesity and type 2 diabetes
• Commercially minded and with a strong competitive approach to success
• An excellent communicator and relationship builder, acting as a brand ambassador with all of the company’s external customers
• You thrive in a busy environment and can multitask and prioritise workload
• Willing to undertake UK travel to customers (if this restarts post COVID!) Not essential but desirable experience includes clinical research in obesity and type 2 diabetes, digital health product development, and NICE approvals processes.
The opportunity to make a meaningful impact in revolutionising healthcare in the UK
• Friendly and dynamic London office in London Bridge, with the option of flexible and remote working
• A comprehensive staff wellbeing programme
• Medicash healthcare plan and Tastecard employee benefits scheme
• Exciting and rewarding role in high-growth scale-up environment
• Competitive salary plus performance based pay and employer contribution pension, with annual salary reviews
• Training and development opportunities
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) with the option of an additional 5 days unpaid leave
• Regular team socials as well as free breakfast & snacks daily in the office
About Skilled Medical
Skilled Medical is a leading international medical recruitment firm that delivers qualified medical professionals wherever they are needed in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. We are a quality accredited firm with years of industry experience supporting communities and assisting medical professionals in their work and careers. To learn more about Skilled Medical UK please visit us at www.skilledmedical.co.uk
For further information, please send your most up to date CV to Henry Davis by selecting the 'Apply' button below, or please call a member of our permanent team in London on +44 (0) 333 444 2000 or in Australia on 1300 900 100.