We are looking to appoint dynamic and forward-thinking Consultant Physicians with a special interest in Stroke Medicine to complete a team of six (including new appointments) within the Trust.
The Directorate would equally welcome applications from existing and newly trained Consultants (on a full or part-time basis).
This is an opportunity to join an organisation in which Clinicians are at the forefront of management. Additional specialist interests in Elderly Care, Neurology, Pharmacology or Acute Medicine can be accommodated.
The successful candidate will be expected to
• Provide teaching for Junior Doctors, Medical Students and other members of the multi-disciplinary team
• Take shared responsibility for work on the HASU
• Share with Consultant colleagues the role of educational or clinical supervisor to junior doctors in training including induction, provision of supportive formal appraisals, supervision of learning portfolios, and career advice as appropriate.
• undertake personal development and mandatory training
• Participate in clinical meetings and post graduate activities in the Trust.
• Participate in Clinical trials
• work closely with other specialist teams
• work with managers and professional colleagues to ensure the efficient running of services
• undertake administrative duties associated with the care of their patients and the running of clinical areas and also as required by the Clinical Lead, Clinical Director, Medical Director and Chief Executive.
• assist in the preparation of business plans.
• support and participate in the Booked Appointment Systems
• take an interest in research/teaching with participation in projects and courses
• participate in Consultant Appraisal and Job Plan Review on an annual basis and the revalidating process when necessary. The Trust will support revalidation. Participation in the Clinical Excellence Award Scheme, when eligible, is encouraged.
The Trust’s Stroke Department in the Directorate of Elderly Care, Stroke and Rehabilitation falls under the remit of the Division of Emergency Medicine and Medicine.
The Trust is excited to be developing a Hyper-Acute Stroke Unit (HASU). This will comprise a 10 bedded HAS unit , with 25 acute and rehabilitation beds and a further 15 acute and rehabilitation beds. Successful candidates will join the newly forming team and have the opportunity to contribute to this exciting development for our patients; and the establishment of a high quality stroke service. A 7 day service model will allow the delivery of 7 day stroke/TIA clinics which will rapidly speed up diagnosis and therapeutic intervention, and will provide an integrated pathway into community services.
North West England
Full Registration with the General Medical Council.
• Entry on the GMC specialist register via relevant CCT, MRCP (UK) or equivalent (proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of interview), relevant CESR or European Community Rights,
An appropriate higher qualification
High level of clinical experience and competence in the Speciality
Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients.
Ability to anticipate change and show an awareness of where the team sits in the bigger picture
Demonstrate an understanding of the wider health economy and the implications for the Trust
£79,860 - £107,668 (plus premia of 10%)
The post currently attracts a discretionary recruitment premium of up to 10% (based on basic salary) per annum. This is payable for up to 4 years and is reviewed by the Trust on an annual basis.
Relocation assistance of up to £4,000 may be available for successful applicants moving to the region.
Skilled Worker (Tier 2) Visa Certificate of Sponsorship
About Skilled Medical
Skilled Medical is a leading international medical recruitment firm that delivers qualified medical professionals wherever they are needed in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. We are a quality accredited firm with years of industry experience supporting communities and assisting medical professionals in their work and careers. To learn more about Skilled Medical UK please visit us at www.skilledmedical.co.uk
For further information, please send your most up to date CV to Henry Davis by selecting the 'Apply' button below, or please call a member of our permanent team in London on +44 (0) 333 444 2000 or in Australia on 1300 900 100.