The post requires the post-holder to have an excellent understanding of and identification with the ethos of the Practice and to demonstrate this in their professional behaviour and dealings with the public. The postholder is directly responsible to the Practice Operations Manager for all organisation and administration issues and the Clincal Lead GP for clinical matters. The postholder is professionally accountable to the Deputy Medical Director for Primary and Community Care (WSFT) for clinical issues. They will manage a caseload, providing personal medical services and deal with a wide range of health needs in a primary care setting, ensuring the highest standards of care for all registered and temporary patients
• Provide a full range of medical services as defined in the core GMS contract and additional enhanced services or PCN services where appropriate
• In accordance with the practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make him/her self-available to undertake a variety of duties, including surgery consultations, telephone consultations and queries, video consultations, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork and correspondence in a timely fashion
• Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation
• Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems
• Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness
• Develop care plans for health in consultation with patients and in line with current practice disease management protocols
• Providing counselling and health education
• Admitting or discharging patients to and from the caseload and referring to other care providers as appropriate
• Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards using SystmOne
• Collecting data for audit purposes
• Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions (avoiding hand-written prescriptions whenever possible)
• Prescribing in accordance with the practice prescribing formulary (or generically) whenever this is clinically appropriate
• Undertake other work which is deemed necessary for patients registered at the Surgery, including but not exhaustive, medical reports, letters, forms and other medical administration within core Surgery hours.
• Behave in a professional and courteous manner to all members of the Practice team, including GP colleagues, Practice team and members of the WSFT Primary Care Team.
• In general, the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care.
East of England
• NHSE GP Performers List
• Full GMC Registration, MBChB or equivalent
• UK permit or right to work in the United Kingdom
• Expressions of interest are also welcomed from candidates who are due to receive CCT and be on Performers list within the next 3 months.
• Full UK driving licence and use of car
The appointment is a substantive, full or part time position which, unless terminated, will be held until retirement. The notice period is 3 months on either side.
WSFT salaried GP sessional rate for a Salaried General is £10,900. This rate includes seniority and on call requirements.
The annual leave entitlement is 30 working days per annum, plus 2 statutory days, rising to 32 days on completion of 7 years of service as a GP working within the NHS. In addition, there is an entitlement to 8 days Public Holiday per annum. Personal leave years will run from 1 April to 31 March. Usually at least six weeks’ notice is required before taking annual leave which needs to be agreed with the Practice Operations Manager.
Study Leave entitlement is one week, per year, pro rata. At least six weeks’ notice is required before taking study leave.
This post is superannuable under the NHS Pension Scheme for the main contract only. Additional Programmed Activities are not superannuable.
About Skilled Medical
Skilled Medical is a leading international medical recruitment firm that delivers qualified medical professionals wherever they are needed in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. We are a quality accredited firm with years of industry experience supporting communities and assisting medical professionals in their work and careers. To learn more about Skilled Medical UK please visit us at www.skilledmedical.co.uk
For further information, please send your most up to date CV to Henry Davis by selecting the 'Apply' button below, or please call a member of our permanent team in London on +44 (0) 333 444 2000 or in Australia on 1300 900 100.