Full Time (10 PA's) Consultant Rheumatologist
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. The rheumatology team provide a service for Rheumatology. This includes all aspects of treatment and relevant management duties for the proper functioning of the department.
2. contributing to Continuing Medical Education and clinical governance initiatives.
3. Conducting all activities within the contracted level of service and operating plan for Rheumatology services.
4. Working in conjunction with clinical and professional colleagues to ensure that the productivity of staff within the specialty is maintained and job satisfaction is enhanced.
5. Participation in departmental management meetings.
6. Awareness of and compliance with all Trust infection prevention and control policies, to include hand hygiene, personal hygiene, environmental and food hygiene. Undertaking annual training/updates in infection prevention and control.
7. Accountability for implementation of the Code of Practice within the department/area of responsibility.
8. Preparation for and undertaking of protective interventions in a manner that is consistent with evidence based practice and maintaining patient safety.
9. General duty of care for the health, safety and well-being of yourself, work colleagues, visitors and patients within the hospital in addition to any specific risk management or clinical governance accountabilities associated with this post.
East of England (Commutable to London)
MRCP or show evidence of equivalent training and experience
Entry onto the Specialist Register or a Specialist Registrar within 6 months of the award of their CCT in Rheumatology of the date of interview
Wide experience in Rheumatology
£82,096 10 PAs Pro Rata
About Skilled Medical
Skilled Medical is a leading international medical recruitment firm that delivers qualified medical professionals wherever they are needed in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. We are a quality accredited firm with years of industry experience supporting communities and assisting medical professionals in their work and careers. To learn more about Skilled Medical UK please visit us at www.skilledmedical.co.uk
For further information, please send your most up to date CV to Henry Davis by selecting the 'Apply' button below, or please call a member of our permanent team in London on +44 (0) 333 444 2000 or in Australia on 1300 900 100.